Friday, September 23, 2011

The Ultimate In Laziness (Or Ingenuity?)

Sometimes laziness gives birth to ingenuity. Here's my latest example:

     I found JUMBO marshmallows at the store the other day. Jumbo? Yup, and to top if off they are SWIRL! Regular marshmallow flavor AND CHOCOLATE!! How can that be a bad thing?  



Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony,
side by side in my marshmallow, oh Lord, why don't we? 


     I've been hungry lately for roasted marshmallows, so when I saw these I HAD to have them. I didn't want to build a big ol' fire outside, and since my back has been bothering me lately I didn't want to stand at the stove, fork in hand.

Here's where laziness turned to ingenuity: 

Why not gather the necessary items and sit in the recliner in the livingroom and enjoy some TV and a gooey, melted marshmallow?

 

Let's see. What do you need?

1: Marshmallows - check!

2: A Fork - check!

 3: FIRE - check!

4: A Recliner - check!

5: A TV - check!  Judge Judy? Not required.
Also, not required are sweat socks on the table.
They have no affect on the final product.

Directions:

     Be sure your marshmallow is securly fastened to the fork. Believe me, cleaning molten marshmallow off the carpet is no fun. Don't question the wisdom of the blogger.


     Hold the marshmallow over the candle flame. As you can see, holding too far from the wick causes soot, rather than that lovely char.


     Get that marshmallow right down in the blue part of the flame and let the roasting commence. Just like any marshmallow roast, keep turning it to get roasted on all sides. Duh!



Mmmm! Goo!


     Get back in there and do it again. The great thing about these JUMBO marshmallows is that they can be roasted many times. That's one tall flame!



     Burn, baby, burn! That's so preeeetty.


Oooo, these are really good!
     After 4 of these, I was about sick. The rest of the bag is going to a bonfire and weenie roast tomorrow night.


     So, there you have it. Lazy doesn't always mean the brain is on hold. I wonder how Einstein would compare this to E=MC2. Hmm?



Couldn't resist leaving this picture on here.







No comments:

Post a Comment